Terms & ConditionsA. About Us
Characterz@Corvus Design is completely dedicated to providing a cost effective quality illustration service. If you have any suggestions or comments, please email us at email@example.com .
B. Making a Commision
The client should initially contact Characterz@Corvus Design to discuss and brief the proposed project. An estimated costing will be submitted for the complete project.
A non-refundable deposit* may be requested per character or illustration scenario required, this will be calculated, quoted and should be received before onset of any production. This deposit will be deducted from the final account on completion.
NB: Complex projects such as newsletters, aerial views, Flash Presentations and site plans require a higher initial input for the initial stages and will incur a higher deposit, this will be calculated and advised following briefing as the job demands.Production is then handled in the following stages.
NB: All monies must be cleared before onset of any production stage*.
Services are offered subject to these conditions. In the event of non-payment, we reserve the right to cancel the contract.
1. FIRST STAGE DRAFT designs will be produced, these usually take the form of pencil sketches, together with notes and additional back up sketches, these will normally be submitted by email. Intended as discussion documents.
Client comments are encouraged and all positive or negative feedback will be welcomed.
2. Following agreement to design, a final draft sketch will be submitted.
3. A final quotation to total costs will be provided, Payment to 50% of this total fee will now be required, before proceeding to render stages and final illustration.
4. SECOND STAGE ARTWORK will now proceed, as per briefing and agreed design. On completion, a full proof set will be submitted by email and post. Should there be any final revisions or minor adjustments these will be corrected. Excessive or extensive changes will incur additional fees.
5. Payment to the remaining 50% of the fees should now be received (less deposits)
On receipt of final payment, all digital files on disk, Matchprint proof/s and all material required for print production will be supplied.
6. Clients may use the illustrations freely on any of the print material or website originally specified. Any extended use or development of a character onto video or television (including commercials) should be advised to Characterz@Corvus Design, when the right is reserved to charge additional fees for such usage.
7. Copyright to all illustrations, at all stages, remains with Corvus Design Services. This does not effect the clients own unrestricted usage.
8. We may use the images in the direct promotion of Characterz or Corvus Design.
Copyright can be sold on to the client if preferred, please contact Characterz@Corvus Design for details.
C. Delivery Schedule
Following briefing, and estimated costings, a production schedule will be submitted, every effort will be made to ensure that this schedule is met in full.
D. Tax Charges
Corvus Design Services is not VAT registered.
Preferred Payment is by bank transfer BACS/cheque.
Cheques should be made payable to Corvus Design Services.
*Credit: 21 days from completion/invoice is only available to existing clients who have established a good payment record.
Corvus establishes an automatic discount on larger projects, if the project meets this criteria, the client will be advised and offered discounted terms. The discount ONLY applies to accounts that are settled in advance, or for established clients, within our 21 day terms.
G. All goods remain the property of Corvus Design Services until paid for in full.
H. All files will be supplied on disk, together with Matchprint proofs that ‘prove’ print capability and colour values. Every effort is made to ensure that the print files perform to achieve their best results, and a variety of file formats will be provided. Should anomalies occur please contact Characterz and the required tweaks, adjustments or resupply to a different format will be available.
It is the responsibility of the client or their print agent to fully test the artwork in situ using adequate pre-print checks or proofing, before embarking on any final production. No responsibility for errors, or their effect on final print will be accepted.
We are not responsible for any consequential loss or expenses.
I. If part of these terms is found to be unlawful, it shall not affect the validity of the remainder.